CALL TO ORDER
1. Roll call
2. Approve minutes of December 14, 2017 regular meeting
3. Announcement – RFP for Fiscal Agent Schedule:
• RFP Announcement: January 2, 2018
• Questions Due: January 15, 2018
• Answer to Questions Posted: January 22, 2018
• Proposal Submittal Deadline: February 5, 2018
• Award Notification: February 15, 2018
4. Review and approve letters to the Attorney General
5. Review and approve Executive Director job description
6. Review and approve Logo
7. Review and approve Refund Request Form
8. Review and approve Voluntary Disclosure Agreement (VDA) form
9. Discuss application for EIN
• 01/11/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 02/08/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 03/15/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 04/12/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 05/10/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 06/14/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 07/12/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 08/09/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 09/06/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 10/11/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 11/08/18 @ 10:00 AM
• 12/13/18 @ 10:00 AM
11. Other Business
The Louisiana Uniform Local Sales Tax Board held its regular meeting at the LMA Building, 700 N 10th Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, on Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 10:00 am. The following board members were in attendance: Donna Andries, Tiffani Delapasse, Greg Ruppert, Amber Hymel, Karen White (proxy for John Gallagher), and Mark West (Proxy for Roland Dartez). Absent: Scott Richard and Mike Ranatza.
• Motion by Karen White, seconded by Tiffani Delapasse to approve the board minutes of the December 14, 2017 Regular Meeting. Item unanimously passed.
• Donna Andries presented the intended process schedule for the Board’s RFP for a Fiscal Agent. The schedule is as follows:
o RFP Announcement: January 2, 2018
o Questions Due: January 15, 2018
o Answer to Questions Posted: January 22, 2018
o Proposal Submittal Deadline: February 5, 2018
o Award Notification: February 15, 2018
• Motion by Greg Ruppert, seconded by Tiffani Delapasse to approve and send the opinion letters to the Attorney General. The opinions being requested address how the Board shall proceed in regards to the Local Government Budget Act’s requirement to publish a budget, when the Board currently has no funding, how the Board should proceed in obtaining collected funds now that the TRO has expired, and finally the constitutionality of the avenues of collection of said funds based on the legislative bill approved.
o There was a question raised during the public comment period as to whether or not the Board should include in its request for an opinion on the constitutionality basis, further information or arguments in favor of our position. However, it was determined by the Board that this would not be the platform to do so and the request shall stay as presented.
o The motion was passed unanimously.
• Motion to approve the Executive Director Job description as amended by Tiffani Delapasse and seconded by Karen White. The Board unanimously passed.
o The description was amended to include “preferred” after the amount of experience needed.
• Motion to approve Logo A as the Board Logo by Karen White, seconded by Amber Hymel and unanimously passed.
o Logo A is a depiction of a pelican superimposed on the State of Louisiana with a fleur de lis on the upper right outer corner and Louisiana Uniform Local Sales Tax Board arching around the pictures,
o A copy of the logo chosen, along with the other options given, will be made available with the Board files.
• Motion to approve the Refund Request form by Karen White, seconded by Tiffany Delapasse and unanimously passed by the Board.
o The request will be updated by changing the type from normal to bold in the section of the form that outlines the items needed to accompany any requests made by the taxpayer.
• The Board decided to defer any votes in reference to accepting the Voluntary Disclosure Agreement form until more research can be gathered.
• Motion by Karen White, seconded by Tiffany Delapasse to apply for EIN # for the Board using the office address of Chairwoman Donna Andries. The Board unanimously passed.
ITEMS NOT REQUIRING BOARD VOTE:
• The 2018 Regular Meeting Schedule for the LULST Board is as follows:
o 1/11/18 @ 10:00AM
o 2/8/18 @ 10:00AM
o 3/15/18 @ 10:00AM
o 4/12/18 @ 10:00AM
o 5/10/18 @ 10:00AM
o 6/14/18 @ 10:00AM
o 7/12/18 @ 10:00AM
o 8/9/18 @ 10:00AM
o 9/6/18 @ 10:00AM
o 10/11/18 @ 10:00AM
o 11/8/18 @ 10:00AM
o 12/13/18 @ 10:00AM
• Greg Ruppert informed the Board that our request for inclusion in the MERS retirement system will be handled by Representative Pearson, along with three other entities.
• There was no executive session.
Motion to Adjourn by Karen White, seconded by Greg Ruppert and unanimously passed by board.
/s/ Donna Andries, Chairperson
/s/ Greg Ruppert, Vice Chairperson