LOUISIANA UNIFORM LOCAL SALES TAX BOARD
700 North 10th St, Baton Rouge, LA – Room 3
March 15, 2018 10:00 AM
– A G E N D A –
CALL TO ORDER
1. Roll call
2. Approve minutes of February 15, 2018 regular meeting
3. Review and approve Voluntary Disclosure Agreement (VDA) form (Laid over from January, 2018 meeting)
4. Receive request from JP Morgan Chase for information on award of fiscal agent and format a response
5. Receive and approve proposal from the Louisiana Association of Tax Administrators to assist the LULSTB in the requirement to provide education and training to local sales tax collectors in accordance with LRS 47:337.102(L)
6. Determine the scope of the education and training of local sales tax collectors and select possible speakers to facilitate the seminar
7. Reminder to file Tier 2.1 Financial Disclosure to the Ethics Board by May 15, 2018 – http://ethics.la.gov/Pub/FinDiscl/F417s.pdf?20170112
8. Executive Session
• To discuss pending litigation: West Feliciana Parish Government et al. vs. State of Louisiana et al.
9. Other Business
LOUISIANA UNIFORM LOCAL SALES TAX BOARD
March 15, 2018
Regular Board Meeting
The Louisiana Uniform Local Sales Tax Board held its regular meeting at the LMA Building, 700 N 10th Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, on Thursday March 15, 2018 at 10:00 am. The following board members were in attendance: Donna Andries, Greg Ruppert, Amber Hymel, Tiffani Delapasse, Karen White (proxy for John Gallagher), and Mark West (Proxy for Roland Dartez). Absent: Scott Richard and Mike Ranatza
• Motion by Amber Hymel, seconded by Karen White to approve the board minutes of the February Regular Board Meeting. Item unanimously passed.
• Discussion of the VDA form process and set up.
o It was determined that the Board needs to promulgate rules on the VDA program through the Administrative Procedures Act before presenting the form and program as a live option.
o Karen White will research the procedures, deadlines for doing so and report back to the Board at the next meeting.
o Tiffani Delapasse will begin the process of drafting a rule as required by the APA.
• Motion by Tiffani Delapasse and seconded by Karen White to defer voting on VDA program until the proper promulgation procedures are implemented. Item unanimously passed.
• A request was received from JP Morgan Chase for information on the award of fiscal agent and after discussion with the Board it was determined that this request may not fall under the Public Information Act and more research is necessary before a response can be provided or denied. Karen White will research and report back to the Board the best course of action from a legal standpoint.
o Motion by Greg Ruppert and seconded by Tiffani Delapasse to lay over response to request until research can be completed. Item unanimously passed.
• Motion by Karen White and seconded by Amber Hymel to approve a request received from LATA Executive Director Mark West to assist the LULST Board in the requirements to provide education and training to local sales tax administrators in accordance with LRS 47:337.102(L). The item was unanimously approved.
o It was discussed that the training should include the function of the LULST Board and the assistance available to the Administrators from the Board.
o The first training available will be held April 26, 2018 at the Doubletree Hotel in Lafayette, LA from 9am -3pm.
• A special meeting was called to present and adopt a budget on Friday, March 23, 2018 at 9am at 700 North 10th St, Baton Rouge, LA in Room 3.
ITEMS NOT REQUIRING BOARD VOTE:
• The Board was reminded of the need to file a Tier 2.1 Financial Disclosure to the Ethics Board by May 15, 2018.
• Executive Session was entered into at 10:45am to discuss pending litigation. Executive session ended at 12:03pm and the regular session was resumed.
Motion to Adjourn by Karen White, seconded by Amber Hymel and unanimously passed by board.
/s/ Donna Andries, Chairperson
/s/ Greg Ruppert, Vice Chairperson